Dear Vapers,

One of the biggest problems with tobacco smoking that rarely gets a mention, due to all the health dangers quite rightfully taking over the spotlight, is the BIG MESS it leaves behind not just in our homes but more importantly on our PLANET! Getting loved ones to make the switch to vaping, means they will no longer have to worry about knocking the ashtray over, or making sure they empty and clean it regularly. Even if they are super tidy, small bits of ash can always catch even the slightest breeze and end up on the carpet, curtains or on their clothes. Unlike personal vaporizers which produce no ash or waste AND are recyclable!

Checkout infographic below to put it into perspective!

Think about the major environmental issues caused by traditional cigarettes - did you know that 4.95 TRILLION filter tipped cigarettes are deposited annually around the world?! Traditional tobacco cigarettes cause the destruction of nearly 600 million trees each year to provide fuel for tobacco.  Filter tipped cigarette are extremely toxic (especially for marine life) even just one filter tip cigarette alone soaks in water for a day, its hazardous enough to kill 50% of fish in a litre of water! The toxic chemicals leaked out of cigarette butts present a biohazard to fresh water, wildlife and our drinking water system. Did you know that tobacco cigarette butts are made of cellulose acetate tow, NOT COTTON, and they can take decades to degrade. Cigarette filters have been found in the stomachs of birds, fish, whales, penguins and other marine creatures who mistake them for food. It's no question that cigarette butts are a threat to wildlife and Mother Nature. Cigarette filters and packaging are one of the most littered items in the entire world, they comprise  50% of all litters in North America alone. Even though the government spends billions of dollars around the world on collecting cigarette butts, they're only able to collect roughly 10% of the total disposed by smokers. So the other 90% of the roughly 4.95 TRILLION cigarette butts are not disposed properly and are deposited somewhere in the environment worldwide. Vapers, that is trillions of butts littered in our neighborhoods, nature trails, beaches, gardens and backyards every single day. Remember, e-cigarttes are eco-friendly and recyclable. Check out our tips to dispose your battery properly here.

So vapers, give yourself a big hug! Making the switch to vaping helps yourself, loved ones, our environment AND animals! Show loved ones who are looking for a cleaner alternative to check out our starter kits here.

Happy vaping from all your friends at EsmokerCanada!

Infographic that shows the damage left by cigarette butts and their 4000 chemicals to our planet as well as the dangers and deaths associated with fires caused by cigarettes